Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Idlewild

I had been wanting to read this book for a while and finally got my hands on a copy from paperbackswap. I love reading alternative history. This book is about the what if is John F. Kennedy survived his assassination and Marilyn Monroe survived her overdose. The chapters alternate between these 2 as well as other characters in the story. It's funny how the people in this novel focus on what if JFK was supposed to die and we wonder what would have happened if he lived.

There were some surprising twists in the book that even made me go back and read certain sections. The book culminates in a 1993 meeting of JFK and Marilyn with another surprising twist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<