Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Friday, January 01, 2010

The Lost Symbol

I read The DaVinci Code shortly after it came out and really enjoyed it. This book started out page turning and I couldn't wait to see what happened next. But it started falling apart for me somewhere in the middle. I figured out one of the mysteries of the book in the middle, which didn't seem that hard to decipher. The final secrets didn't seem too exciting or shocking to me either. I got tired of Langdon explaining everything and his and other main characters dumb moves. And saying SMSC (Smithsonian Museum Support Center) bugged me the whole book since I used to work in the same complex for the American Indian Museum and everyone calls it MSC, not SMSC, small nitpick but bothersome to me. And on the final pages of the book he even gets wrong the name of National Museum of the American Indian, calling it Native History Museum or something. So, yeah, I was a little disappointed but it was still interesting to read about supposedly ancient Masonic secrets. I have yet to read his other books, but I do own Angels and Demons and plan to read it some time.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Literary Feline said…

    I really liked The Da Vinci Code and have been curious about this one. I'm sorry to hear it didn't hold up quite as well. I'm probably going to read it--just not right away. I liked Angels and Demons quite a bit and I hope you will too, Amy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<