Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Inglourious Basterds


I will start by saying that I don't really enjoy Quentin Tarantino movies. Not my thing. However, my husband wanted to get this from Netflix and I said I'd watch it. It seemed to be an interesting concept and I couldn't pass up Brad Pitt.

Turns out I loved it. There were still too many violent type scenes for me and had to look away for some. It wasn't at all what I expected it to be about, according to the trailers I saw. I liked the other stories better than the Basterds parts. Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa was awesome. I'm glad to see him up for lots of major awards.

I love alternative history so I loved that part of the movie too.

Funny thing. I read that this movie was a "spaghetti western" set during World War II. I've seen the term spaghetti western many times but never really knew what it meant. I assumed it had something to do with what happened in some westerns. I was surprised to find out that they are western movies that were directed by Italians and Spanish directors/producers. I thought they were totally something else, but not sure what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<