Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Free-Range Kids

I was very excited to read this book. It certainly lived up to expectations. It was fantastic. This is pretty much how I want to raise my kids. I want them to be able to grow up with the same type of childhood that I had and not worry about every little thing that might happen to them; but it's hard not too worry! I don't like the trend of the "helicopter parents" and not giving kids any freedom. Skenazy brings data and facts to the argument that kids can do more than we think and the world is truly not a more dangerous place than it was 30 years ago. There was so much in this book that I agreed with. I was laughing aloud at timesl Skenazy is a funny writer at times and her style is very easy to read. I got this book from the library but I need to get my own copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<