Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Civil War in Fairfax County

Civil War history is all around me where I live in Fairfax county Virginia. Although I majored in history in college, I have never been into military history.

I found out recently, though, that there could be Civil War trenches in my backyard, literally, as they have been found in my neighbor's yard. Fascinating!

I found this book at the library and decided to read it to find out a little more about the war in my area. It's a short book with lots of photographs. However, it took me a long time to read as I found it tedious in parts and a few times it seemed to abruptly change subjects. The book has a lot of first hand accounts of the war. I did learn some new information from the book but overall it was a tad boring to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<