Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Monday, June 01, 2009

The Audacity of Hope



I have been wanting to read this book for a while and finally snagged a copy on paperbackswap.com.

It is interesting to read this as it was written before he even campaigned to be president. It usually takes me a while to get through non-fiction books and this was no exception. I loved the little excerpts about his upbringing and life now. I must admit I don't know a whole lot about politics so I had to re-read some sections a few times.

Overall, he comes across as an every day regular person. It is truly astonishing that he has risen so fast in the political world. I think his book, Dreams from my Father, is more my style as it is more autobiographical and less political.

One interesting tidbit that I didn't know is that the title of the book came from a sermon from Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Literary Feline said…

    I don't normally read books like this, but I've been wanting to read this one as well. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger wisteria said…

    I also have been wanting to read this one. My ex read it and recommended it to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<