Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Monday, June 01, 2009

Pompeii



This work of historical fiction takes place in the 4 days before and several days after the eruption of Pompeii. It follows the story of an aqueduct engineer, Marcus Attilus, and how he uncovers problems in the aqueduct that is related to the pending eruption of Pompeii.

I must say, it started out slow to me but then I really got into it. It made me do some more research on the eruption of Pompeii and some aspects I did not know about. I had heard of the philospher Pliny but I did not know he had a connection to Pompeii. The action after the eruption is very intense. There is one element I didn't like with Marcus Attilus and a woman named Corelia but I can understand why it was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<