Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Loving Frank

I am a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture. I grew up near Fallingwater, which I just adore. So, I had to read this book when I first heard about it.

The book is historical fiction about Mamah Cheney and FLW's affair, which was scandalous at the time that it happened in 1910. I wasn't surprised at the end since I already knew what was going to happened. I've never been a big fan of FLW the person and he certainly didn't come off as lovable in this book. I was really bothered by Mamah's choices, especially leaving her children for so long.

Overall, I liked the book although some parts did go a tad slow. I most enjoyed the parts about the building of Taliesin and when they lived there.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Teddy Rose said…

    I have heard others say it's a bit slow also. I do plan to read the book one of these days too as I am a fan of his architecture as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<