Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Monday, February 02, 2009

Before Green Gables


My favorite author is L.M. Montgomery and one of my favorite books in Anne of Green Gables so there's no surprise that I had to read this book.

I enjoyed the book more than I thought I would. I liked getting in insight into Anne's early life before Green Gables. I couldn't help but wonder though, how LMM really imagined it, if she did.

There were many a-ha moments in the book like learning about how found Katie Maurice, her use of big words, taking care of children, etc.

I have to admit that I even cried a little.

Overall, I enjoyed the book very much. I usually don't care for sequels or prequels to books written by other authors but I did like this one. I like it as a separate work from LMM's stories , if that makes sense.

4/5


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<