Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Monday, February 02, 2009

Tomorrow Will Be Better

I started this book late last year but finished it in January, so this was my first book finished in 2009.

This book is about Margie, who lives in 1920s Brooklyn. It begins when she is 16 and takes her first job and takes us through her trials there and of her marriage.

I just love Betty Smith's books. If you don't know already, her most famous book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which is one of my favorite books. I then read Joy in the Morning and loved it too. This isn't my favorite of hers, but I still liked it a lot. You are really drawn into the story. Margy wants a better life for herself than her parents and you see her struggle each days with her decisions. I really didn't care for many the characters but Margy and her friends. The other characters weren't very likeable. I enjoyed reading about life in the 20s in Brooklyn

4/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<