Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Summer of Sassy Jo

Title and author of book: The Summer of Sassy Jo by J. P. Reading

Fiction or non-fiction? Genre? fiction, young adult

What led you to pick up this book? The title, really. I found it at a used book sale and there was not a plot sypnosis on the back so I picked it up on title alone.

Plot summary: 14 year old Sara Jo visits her recovering alcoholic mother for the summer who left her when she was 5.

What did you like most about the book? The character of Sara Jo, as did all the characters, seemed real and I liked how everything wasn't perfect. The relationship between her and her mother was very real too. This book surprised me. I wasn't expecting much out of it and it turned out to be a very good book.

What did you like least? Sara's attitude towards her mother and towards her life in general

Have you read any other books by this author? What did you think of those books? no

Do you recommend this book? If you use a rating system, what’s your rating? yes, 4.5/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<