Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Monday, December 29, 2008

Journey to the Center of the Earth


Title and author of book: Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

Fiction or non-fiction? Genre? science fiction

What led you to pick up this book?/where I got this book: I've always wanted to read Jules Verne; picked it up at a library book sale.

Plot summary: Harry and his uncle, following an ancient note, attempt to journey to the center of the earth.

What did you like most about the book? Parts of the journey, reading a book set in the late 1800s

What did you like least? Some of the sci fi stuff was boring. Some descriptions were too technical or too factual. I had the same problem when I read a lot of H.G. Wells books a few years ago. Maybe these first sci fi authors aren't for me.

What did you think of the writing style? Very detailed, very sci fi

Which of your readers are most likely to enjoy this book? Why? those who like science fiction or old books

Have you read any other books by this author? What did you think of those books? nope, I will probably try a few others though

If this book has been made into a movie, and if you’ve seen the movie, compare the book to the movie.:I think there's been several movie versions; I have the latest one on my Netflix list

Do you recommend this book? If you use a rating system, what’s your rating? yes, 3/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<