Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Carney's House Party

Title and author of book: Carney's House Party by Maud Hart Lovelace

Fiction or non-fiction? Genre? fiction

Setting: Deep Valley, Minnesota, summer of 1911

What led you to pick up this book? I love all the Betsy-Tacy books so I wanted to read this one about their friend Carney

Plot summary: Carney is home for the summer from college and has her house full of guests, hence the title house party. (My first thought of the term house party is a wild party with young adults without their parents but of course this isn't the meaning here) Carney's boyfriend who she hasn't seen for 4 years is coming to visit and everyone is excited to see if he proposes.

What did you like most about the book? I love books taking place in this ear. I love how all the fashions are described and how different times were back then especially dating and friendship. It was fun to see the same characters from the Betsy-Tacy books showing up even Betsy herself.

What did you like least? Sometimes Carney's attitude bothered me.

What did you think of the writing style? love it!

Which of your readers are most likely to enjoy this book? Why? Those who like young adult books, nostalgia, and books set in this era

Have you read any other books by this author? What did you think of those books? yes, I loved the Betsy-Tacy series; only discovered them a few years ago and wish I read them sooner!

Share a favorite scene from the book: I'm trying to think of one but most of it was great.

Do you recommend this book? If you use a rating system, what’s your rating? yes, 4.5/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<