Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Danny Dunn and the Smallifying Machine

Title and author of book: Danny Dunn and the Smallifying Machine by Jay Williams and Raymond Abrashkin

Fiction or non-fiction? Genre? fiction, young adult

What led you to pick up this book? It sounded interesting. I'm always interested in fantasy kids books.

Plot summary: Danny and his friends are accidentally shrunk by a shrinking machine.

What did you like most about the book? I liked that there was actually science behind how the body might work if it was shrunk. The book reminded me a little of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

What did you like least? Some of the stuff that happened after they were shrunk. They wanted to get rescued immediately yet they ventured outside for food and water when they knew help would be coming near the shrinking machine. But then it wouldn't be much of a story, would it?

Have you read any other books by this author? What did you think of those books? None. There are apparently a bunch of Danny Dunn books but I doubt that I will read them unless I happen to come across another and it looks interesting.

Do you recommend this book? If you use a rating system, what’s your rating? yes, 3.5/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<