Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Slightly True Story of Cedar B. Hartley

This book is about a 12 year old girl named Cedar, her relationship with her new friend Kite, the circus, acrobats and so much more. I guess this book is classified as young adult but I thought of it more as a coming of age story and was surprised to see it classified this way. It is set in Australia so it was fun to learn some new words and phrases that I didn't know like what a squashed fly biscuit is. There are a lot deep thoughts from Cedar in this book that made me think. This book was a lot better than I expected.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you know in Australia we don't actually eat squashed fly biscuits, i've never heard of them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<