Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Monday, December 01, 2008

The Seventh Sinner

Title and author of book: The Seventh Sinner by Elizabeth Peters

Fiction or non-fiction? Genre? fiction, mystery

What led you to pick up this book? I read Naked Once More a while back where the main character is Jacqueline Kirby who I loved. I discovered she is also in a few other of Peters' books so I picked this one up.

Setting: Rome

Plot summary: A student witnesses a murder and one of her friends, the so called Seven Sinners, may be the murderer. Jacqueline Kirby helps to solve the mystery.

What did you like most about the book? the setting in Rome, history and archaeology

What did you like least? I was pretty much disappointed by this book. How the main character runs into Jacqueline Kirby and how they become friends is unbelieveable to me. I didn't like the Seven Sinners; the whole idea of the group seemed very smug to me. The who done it part was ok but when the murderer was revealed it wasn't very interesting to me.

Which of your readers are most likely to enjoy this book? Why? fans of Elizabeth Peters and the Jacqueline Kirby character

Have you read any other books by this author? What did you think of those books? I read Naked Once More featuring Jacqueline Kirby and one of the Amelia Peabody mysteries, which I can't recall the title right now

Do you recommend this book? If you use a rating system, what’s your rating? 2/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<