Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Wild Shore


This book is a post apocalyptic novel set in Orange County, California in the year 2067. It is mainly the story of a 17 year old boy and his adventures over a few months. It wasn't totally what I expected but I love to read post apocalyptic novels. This wasn't one of the better ones though. I read Kim Stanley Robinson's Years of Rice and Salt a few years ago, which was alternative history, another sci fi genre that I like. I liked this one better although not a favorite.

Quote: "But there's nothing as unchangeable as the past."

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jeanne said…

    I found you through the new My Friend Amy's list of book blogs.

    I'm also a fan of post-apocalyptic fiction; here's the latest one I've read and reviewed:
    http://necromancyneverpays.blogspot.com/2008/08/more-post-apocalyptic-fiction.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<