Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Man Who Ate the 747





























I haven't read any really great, great books this year but I think this will be in the top 10 for this year. The book focuses on J.J. Smith, a keeper of records for the Book of Records and his discovery of a man eating a 747 because of his love for a woman. I thought the concept sounded interested and how does one eat a metal plane? I soon found out. A very sweet story that takes place in the heart of America.

A few of my favorite quotes (and there are many like this in the book)

"Remains of last night's dinner-some macaroni and a few cargo door hinges-lay congealed in a pot on the stove."

Now remember, if you feel nervous, you don't have to say a thing. Just smile and eat the plane."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<