Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Romanovs




















In my 11th grade World Cultures class, we could read the book Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert Massie, take a test on the book and get our grade up one letter. Even back then, I never passed up a chance to read anything and I was enjoying our unit on Russian history. I got the book out of the library and read all 700 some pages and enjoyed most of it. The Romanov history is fascinating from the time Nicholas became tsar to their execution.
This book is about how they found the family's remain, the various testing to prove it was them, along with those claiming to be Anastasia and Alexis. It's very interesting who got involved and what happened. The book was written in the 90s and everything was not settled yet.
Funny enough, I read an article today from the L.A. Times that officials have found remains of Marie and Alexis, the two missing family members (Anastasia was not a missing one)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<