Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Friday, February 01, 2008

Heartburn




















Rachel finds out, when she is 7 months pregnant, that her husband is having an affair. I read that this book is semi autobiographical. I'm sure this is supposed to be funny but I found it more sad than funny. I guess I don't get the whole lifestyle of extramarital affairs where everyone is having one and nobody seems to care that much or the couple gets back together. And the way Rachel is always thinking of the next guy she could possibly date if her marriage breaks up. I had no idea this book was a movie; with Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep, nonetheless. Another for the Netflix list. Even if I didn't enjoy the book much, I want to see how the movie plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<