Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Friday, February 01, 2008

A Painted House































I like John Grisham's books. I forget when I opened this that this isn't one of his legal thrillers. But the narrator is a young boy and I love coming of age stories. A fascinating portrayal of rural cotton farmers in the 1950s. Some things Luke (the narrator) did frustrated me but I had to remember that he was only a child. It seemed like cotton ruled all and he was afraid to tell his parents and Pappy anything that might affect what happened in the cotton fields. I forgot this was made into a movie until after I read it. I got the movie from Netflix and have watched part of it. So far, it's been pretty accurate and enjoyable.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Teddy Rose said…

    I also enjoyed this book too, though I enjoy some of his legal thrillers more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<