Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Castle in the Air




















Abdullah, a carpet salesman, is sold a magic carpet. As he sleeps, the carpet takes him to a garden where he meets Flower-in-the-Night and he falls in love with her. Shortly thereafter, a djinn steals her away and he begins a voyage to find her.

I loved Howl's Moving Castle so I was looking forward to this book, although I had read the characters roles are limited in this "sequel"

I really wouldn't call this book a sequel to Howl's Moving Castle. The same characters show up but not in a way I expect in a sequel. I would have loved to seen more of Howl but the way he was presented in this book wasn't the same.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the story as a seperate story from Howl. I don't know if it was just me but I saw some similarities between this story and Disney's Aladdin movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<