Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Starting out

I decided to start a book blog about the books I read. I love to read and I have so many books on my to be read shelves. I'm almost afraid to count how many; I think the number is close to 500. I can't stop buying books! I mainly buy my books at library book sales and used book stores. I also love to get books through BookCrossing, PaperBackSwap and Frugal Reader. I read mainly general fiction, historical fiction, and young adult/children's books. I have so many favorite books; a partial list is Anne of Green Gables, The Story Girl, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Joy in the Morning, and Pillars of the Earth. I don't have as much time to read as I'd like to, having two small children, but I try to read as much as I can. I am always reading something.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Lotus Reads said…

    Welcome to the blogosphere, Amy, I look forward to reading your reviews!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Michele's This and That said…

    I have one as well on here, I'm on BookCrossing as well, your first book sounds cute.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger MizB said…

    Great blog! Hey -- might you be interested in a Blogger challenge to get those TBR books read? It starts in January 2007, and goes throughout all of next year. :o)
    It's on my blog....Literary Caché.

    <>< Mizbooks

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Marcia said…

    Good! Another newbie in the world of blogs. I took the plunge just recently, too, Amy. I'll look foward to watching your blog grow. May I add yours to my blogroll?

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Amy, don't know if you remember me, but it's Cathleen from TBS. Just checking out your new blog. I'll check back now and then to see what you're reading. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<