Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Moon Shot



















4/5

I got this book after not being able to get enough info about the space race in the 1960s. Alan Shepard and Deke Slayton are both fascinating people so I was happy to find this book written by them.

This book, obviously, talks more about Alan and Deke's individual contributions to the space program. I had just known the name Alan Shepard as the first man in space but I learned more about him as a person in Chakin's book and now this one. And more about Deke Slayton, one of the original Mercury 7, grounded before he could fly but eventually got to fly a mission, Apollo-Soyuz, coicidentally he was in outer space the day I was born.

This book also talks more about the Soviet space program and space race than Chakin's book, which focused on Apollo.

Again, fascinating stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<