Too many books

a blog about books I'm reading and other things

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Man on the Moon




















5/5

I spent half of May and the first few days of June reading this fascinating book. I think I could go on and on about it. Or maybe just the Apollo program. My husband is an aerospace engineer and has always been interested in the space program. We saw the author of this book speak in 2000 and had the book autographed by him. I am also interested in the space program but just put this book on my shelf and didn't get to read it until now.

Chaikin's writing and details make the book very readable and interesting. I am now fascinated by the Apollo moon landings. The book details each landing, the training that went into them and the astronauts stories. I hadn't heard of most of these men before this book but now I have a favorite astronaut (Pete Conrad) and favorite Apollo mission (Apollo 15) . Looking back, it's hard to believe that the U.S. has been the mooon. The last moon landing was over 30 years ago and most of the men who landed on the moon are in their 70s.

This book has made me more interested in the space program, specifically Apollo but also Mercury and Gemini before that. I have got some more book on the space program along with watching documentaries on the program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<